Modern Hypnotherapy is a relaxed, natural and pleasant experience, where the therapist and the client work together to achieve a gentle state of trance (very similar to the feeling upon just drifting off to sleep, or that period of time when you are just about to awaken).
This state of trance is used to bypass the intellectual mind, opening up the subconscious mind to gentle persuasive suggestion. In this manner, your trusted and experienced therapist is able to achieve an open communication, and can then proceed to make suggestions that are in keeping with you moral compass and set of beliefs. This ability to subtly re-programme your attitudes or reactions is the foundation of the hypnotherapy process, and is an extremely non-invasive, reasonable and effective method for affecting positive behavioural change.
Hypnotherapy may be useful for the following:
- Releasing stress and managing depression
- Increasing relaxation
- Managing pain
- Habit management: smoking, alcohol and drug addiction, gambling, nail biting etc
- Weight or eating disorders
- Sleep disorders
- Fears and phobia removal
- Increasing self esteem
- Changing behavioural patterns
- Memory and concentration improvement
- Managing emotions
- Healing from abuse, trauma or loss
- Increasing motivation