My raw beetroot salad goes well with slices of fresh “Breadman” Mountain Rye and you can add caraway seeds to the salad for extra flavour.
- 1 beetroot, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into segments
- Toasted pumpkin and/or sunflower seeds (dry toast in cast iron fry pan)
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp good quality cold pressed oil (works well with a mild olive oil or another “nutty” tasting oil)
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, chopped or crushed
- Sea salt and black pepper
In a salad bowl mix beetroot, carrot and orange.
In a small bowl or cup mix dressing ingredients.
Pour over salad before serving and sprinkle with toasted seeds.